A Yarn Christmas Tree
Christmas cheer is in the air so we thought of showing you a simple way of weaving a Christmas tree which can later be used as a wall hanging or a decoration!
Follow Roopa, in creating this simple, yet elegant tree!
Here are list of items needed for this activity:
- Two twigs (One long and One short)
- Yarn to weave
- Scale or Measuring tape
The following are the steps:
- Take two twigs, with one shorter than the other. I have taken two twigs (8.5 inches and 6.5 inch long). The longer one will be used vertically and the shorter one horizontally.
- We now tie the twigs together. Using any yarn, we go around the twigs in an “X” shape 4 times to keep them in place. Then, we tie the tail end of the yarn we used to the yarn we will now use for completing the Christmas tree.
- We start weaving the yarn around the sticks. Watch the video below carefully to see how to move the yarn around the three sides
- Once, we have a big enough Christmas tree, we go around the top of the Christmas tree a couple of times. We tie a simple knot and leaving some yarn to make a loop, cut it from the ball of yarn.
- We make a loop at the top, to hang the tree wherever we wish to. And, there you go! The tree is done!